Posted to alt.home.repair
Micky[_3_] Micky[_3_] is offline

Default OT Shoulder belt doesn't retract

On Sat, 23 Jul 2016 10:04:22 -0700, Bob F wrote:

On 7/23/2016 9:40 AM, Micky wrote:
On Sat, 23 Jul 2016 05:32:49 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Saturday, July 23, 2016 at 3:54:18 AM UTC-4, Micky wrote:

Okay.

But no one wants to give me odds that it can be fixed?? I'm thinking
less than 10% but I don't want to order a new belt without checking. I
want to know the odds so I can bet with my next-door neighbor.

The odds are ?².

That will get you your less than 10%.

Great. That's a number I can work with. I'm going to sucker my
neighbor into betting a lot of money. He says I can do it, and I'll
prove it to him that I can't.

That sounds like a safe bet.

I'd never make a bet like that unless I really knew it couldn't be
fixed. I'd be too likely to lose.

You might fix it before you knew what you were doing!

Well, actually I might fix it myself, because today I noticed that,
despite what I said, the belt is folded. And I coudl even pull it
out 8 more inches. My bad.

In my defence, I thought because it was so far out that I coudl weigh
I'll bet 400 pounds and still fit, that it couldn't come out any
farther, and that twisting couldnt' be the problem then if it was all
the way unwound.

Even doubled I'm sure it gets through the slot in the side of the
passenger compartment fairlly easily, so there must be another smaller
slot farther in. I'll find it but I'll have to get up at dawn. Every
day is to be 92 or higher this week.