Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default 183000 new labour members/voters in 48hrs.

In article ,
John Rumm wrote:
The question is then, how many grass roots labour people are there
left who still go in for things like nationalisation, unilateral
disarmament, state control, high taxes etc?

You think everyone believes Trident presents good value for money?

I don't see any viable alternatives - so value does not come into it
alas.

Plenty others see a viable alternative. Scrap it and make sure our
conventional defence forces are up to scratch. Given we don't have
unlimited money.

I don't buy that as an option. Much as I would love a nuke (weapon) free
world, I can see no sense in unilaterally getting rid of ours.

The railways work perfectly? Etc? Taxation is fair? Plenty of housing
around for the lower paid?

None of those are perfect, never will be. No harm in improving them
where you can.

Government policy had made a bigger pigs ear of not limiting the demand.
We are building quite a few houses per year, just not enough. The NIMBY
brigade and restrictive planning laws don't help either.

Needless to say building houses alone is only a partial solution. You
need the infrastructure, schools, GPs etc and all the other stuff as well.

Well, market forces and the private sector have made a right pigs ear of
providing housing. Unless you are pretty wealthy.

I can't see a problem having everything up for discussion, as with
Corbyn.

Having these things for discussion is not the issue.

Sorry?

No need to apologise.

When had anyone in opposition stuck rigidly to their 'policies'
when elected? Or rather long before any likely election?

Not sure I follow your point?

Do elected governments do what they say they are going to do? At best
partly.

Not sure what any of that has to do with a set of policies that are
seemingly election proof in the first place! Or a party of MPs that
don't support or agree with them.

Still I suppose it does save them having to worry about actually
implementing them.

--
Cheers,

John.