Posted to rec.woodworking
Brewster[_2_] Brewster[_2_] is offline

Default Rocky 30 Trim Router - 3/8" Collet?

On 7/22/16 9:03 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
too many 3/8" shank routers bits available."

Is that true? Obviously the larger the shank the better, so I wouldn't
mind springing for a couple of 3/8" shank bits if they were available. On
the other hand, the fact that the 3/8" collet is much more "basic" than
a standard four-slot router collet, it almost seems like it's not meant
to be used full time.

Your thoughts and opinions are most welcome.

I bought a 3/8 collet for my big Milwaukee in my router table for the
express purpose of using 3/8" milling bits. I've broken enough $$$ 1/2"
shank, 3/8" spiral cut router bits to appreciate inexpensive and damn
sharp HSS milling bits.

-BR