John Woodgate

Default Tek 2215 question

I read in sci.electronics.design that Jim Yanik wrote
(in ) about 'Tek 2215
question', on Tue, 17 Feb 2004:

Or you could create a ordinary (60Hz)transformer based 43 volt DC supply
to replace the pre-reg.It would have to supply at least 1 amp at 43V,and
would only work for whatever primary voltage you selected for the
XFMR,not the 90-250 VAC range of the Opt.48 pre-reg.

I have a small audio weighting filter, made by Dolby Laboratories, which
has a *linear* power supply covering 80 to 250 V without adjustment. It
has two small lamps in series with the transformer primary winding. But
that would be one crazy panel light if you did it with a 43 W output
linear supply!