Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default EUSSR trade deal in trouble.

Dave Plowman (News) wrote
wrote

Oh - May has admitted the UK simply doesn't have anything like enough
trained negotiators for new trade deals. Not surprising, as they've all
had to be done in conjunction with the EU before. And doing a deal with
inexperience negotiators is a sure way to get stitched up.

Usually when we're short of skilled labour we hire it from abroad

That is simply not what a vast number voted out for.

You have no idea what a vast number actually voted for.

They want zero immigration

You don’t have a shred of evidence that a vast number want that.

- not more.

He wasn’t talking about more, just the same deal for EU
citizens as there is for the rest of the world. And that would
mean fewer immigrants, because currently it isnt just those
who Britain is short of skilled labour wise that are allowed
to move to Britain, it is any EU citizen who decides they
want to do that and can work out how to do that.

I find it laughable just how naive so many are on here.
That they reckon the entire world is queueing up to be
nice to the UK in any deals.

I don't recall anyone saying that. It's just in everyone's
interest to trade internationally, so there is a desire to do so.

There is a desire to trade on the best possible terms. For yourself.

But that doesn’t mean that you can't do fine with less than that.

Which almost certainly won't be the best terms for that partner in trade.

Even sillier and more pig ignorant than you usually manage.

Completely free trade within the EU is
in fact the best terms for all the partners.

Hence the long winded negotiations.

That is for other reasons, normally because not everyone
wants completely free trade in all areas. And because some
like the yanks want to include other stuff like corporations
being able to sue when they don’t like a policy choice one
of the partners' govts has decided it will legislate.