Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default EUSSR trade deal in trouble.

In article ,
wrote:
Oh - May has admitted the UK simply doesn't have anything like enough
trained negotiators for new trade deals. Not surprising, as they've all
had to be done in conjunction with the EU before. And doing a deal with
inexperience negotiators is a sure way to get stitched up.

Usually when we're short of skilled labour we hire it from abroad

That is simply not what a vast number voted out for. They want zero
immigration - not more.

I find it laughable just how naive so many are on here. That they
reckon the entire world is queueing up to be nice to the UK in any
deals.

I don't recall anyone saying that. It's just in everyone's interest to
trade internationally, so there is a desire to do so.

There is a desire to trade on the best possible terms. For yourself. Which
almost certainly won't be the best terms for that partner in trade. Hence
the long winded negotiations.

--
*Few women admit their age; fewer men act it.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.