Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Rheilly Phoull[_2_] Rheilly Phoull[_2_] is offline

Default Diagnose Inverter motor dirve - aircon unit

On 23/07/2016 3:18 PM, Mr Sandman wrote:
Hi all,

I have an aircon unit that failed. Fault code 'PU' says the capacitor
charging circuit failed, this is confirmed by checking the voltage at
the three large electrolytic caps which show 43vdc, but oddly 85v ac.
The expected voltage at the capacitors should be 180-380vac.

I am a low level electronics experience chap, so need some advice on how
these caps would typically be charged.

They are used, as i understand it, to smooth the supply to the variable
speed fan and compressor in the aircon unit.

Looking at the other test points on main pcb, everything else checks out
ok.

Here is a link to the (large) manual for the aircon unit if any one
fancies helping me out.

http://www.manualslib.com/download/8...Ash-18aie.html

Id apreciate any help/guidance,

Many thanks,

Steve

You have worked through the logic of the trouble shooting guide for the
charge failure ??