Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default Oxygen concentrator sound level

On 7/22/2016 6:49 PM, Taxed and Spent wrote:
On 7/22/2016 3:32 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
We now have an oxygen concentrator in our house and it is noisy. What
have any of you seen or done to reduce the sound output
from one of these machines?

www.invacare.com/Platinum_10_Concentrator

Thanks.

That can't be! "Quiet oxygen concentrator includes Invacare HomeFill
system port for inventory flexibility."

http://www.invacare.com/cgi-bin/imhq...OID=-536890256

I have no idea - did the company say that your unit is "quiet"?

I see site from your url. Says quiet and another site says 58 dB which
may be about normal speaking voice level or a refrigerator running.
Maybe not real noisy but could be a problem when sleeping. I'd probably
locate the unit outside the bed room or use ear plugs.

Oxygen output can be more than most people need and I believe there are
portable battery operated units that are much smaller.

Many years ago before these units were available I almost had to use
oxygen at home but fortunately didn't. It could be a pain with tanks
and liquid delivered to your house and lines running all over the house.