Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Rocky 30 Trim Router - 3/8" Collet?

On 7/22/2016 12:54 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Thanks for the info on end mills. I assume that they are more expensive than
1/4" shank router bits. Probably not worth the extra cost for my needs.

Perhaps, if it's a trim router and you probably won't be doing plunge
cuts with it.

However, I use end mills exclusively as bits for my Multi-Router for
cutting mortises'.

The advantage is the lower lengths available with end mills, as opposed
to router "bits".

It often a challenge to find a router bit long enough to cut to the
mortise depth you need when chucked safely in the router, and you must
also go through the thickness of the "table" of a router "jig" to cut
the mortise.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net