Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default EUSSR trade deal in trouble.

Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Tim Streater wrote
Dave Plowman (News) wrote

Oh - May has admitted the UK simply doesn't have anything like
enough trained negotiators for new trade deals. Not surprising,
as they've all had to be done in conjunction with the EU before.

Have you only just noticed this Dave?

Of course not. Was obvious to most what would happen if we left.
But not to the many optimists. Like the one I replied to.

He's not an optimist, he just has enough of a clue to have noticed
that you don’t need deals to trade, just like all of the USA, China,
India, Taiwan, Canada, Australia etc etc etc have all noticed.

Everyone else has know about it for some weeks, including
the fact that the Kiwis have offered us some of theirs.

That might be a bit like using the wife's brother for a lawyer during a
divorce.

Nothing like when its for negotiations with the yanks and krauts etc.