Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default breaker box install question

John G posted for all of us...

a while back I removed a backyard pond. I connected the old wiring from
pond to my shed. Three 10 ga wires - black, white and green. I picked up
a 30 amp breaker box from Menards and it has room for two 15 amp circuit
breakers. I am not an electrition but I am just putting in a couple of
lights, two outlets and one switch which I know how to do. The ground
connection is obvious but I am not sure about black and white wires to the
breaker box.... The circuit breakers have a place to connect a wire at the
bottom. The top end the circuit breaker connects to a terminal (not sure
that is right name) to which another wire will be connected. The black wire
is hot and the white is neutral. Which wire goes where?

I would forget about a breaker box. The wire is probably 10 gauge to alleviate voltage drop. Just install a junction box and wire your outlets and lights from that. Black is hot, white is neutral, green is ground.

John Grabowski
http://www.MrElectrician.TV

+1 As always

--