Posted to alt.home.repair
FromTheRafters FromTheRafters is offline

Default Hand truck axle washer

Oren laid this down on his screen :
On Fri, 22 Jul 2016 15:19:25 GMT, (Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

DerbyDad03 writes:
On Friday, July 22, 2016 at 10:58:14 AM UTC-4, Scott Lurndal wrote:
DerbyDad03 writes:
On Friday, July 22, 2016 at 9:44:05 AM UTC-4, GARYWC wrote:
There wasn't an "Edit" option so I couldn't change previously-submitted
posts to provide more/better information. My only choice was to delete
the post and post a new one.

Your original post was not "deleted". AFAIK, you cannot delete a post
from usenet.

More accurately, it is up to each individual usenet server to decide
whether or not to honor cancels.

If the post has already propagated throughout usenet, any given server's
"cancellation" is not going to pull it back from all other servers, is it?

cancels are propogated just like messages.

NNTP servers have to grant the cancellation .... don't know of one
that does or I haven't seen one.

I have used several who cancel on their server, and if you're quick
enough, the original doesn't propagate. It definitely can't be trusted
to work as intended and propagate the request to receptive servers.