Posted to alt.home.repair
anonymous anonymous is offline

Default breaker box install question

On 7/22/2016 2:10 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 22 Jul 2016 12:50:22 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 07/22/2016 10:23 AM,

If you are using the side screw and also the 2 back wire ports, you
have violated the listing. They are only listed for one or the other,
2 wires per terminal max using the back wire or one per screw.

Cam you provide a cite for that; I can't find any proscription against
using all the provided terminal points on the device...

Look at the instructions that come with the device

I have the packaging for two 20 amp commercial spec receptacles, one Leviton and one Pass and Seymour.
Neither package specs the wire size or the max number of wires attached to the device.

I'd really appreciate a manufacturers link to info listing max number of wires and max wire size.

Years ago I tried to find this info and gave up. Unless the device says otherwise, if there is an open screw head I'll use it.