Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L Phil L is offline

Default Strimmer petrol leak

Brian Gaff wrote:
While I agree that web interfaces to usenet definitely need to be
improved and that dates of posts need to be looked at before anyone
replies there are two observations I need to make here.
1. How is it that said portals seem to suddenly regurgitate old
messages for no apparent reason, and..
2. Is there any need to be so obnoxious and insulting over a mistaken
reply? Brian

They're not regurgitating ancient posts as far as the idiots using diybanter
or google groups are concerned, they are viewing a web page with a thread
from 8 or 9 years ago and decide to answer it. This appears in this group
today as an orphaned reply, often with no mention of what the original
thread was about, so a post will appear entitled ' pipes through a garage
wall' and all that will be written is some drivel like, 'I tried those and
found they weren't galvanized and the spring bearings wore down within 2
days'