Posted to alt.home.repair
Rusty Boldt Rusty Boldt is offline

Default breaker box install question

On 07/21/2016 08:30 PM, Jack wrote:
On 7/21/2016 10:50 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
As # 10 wire has been ran, this indicates that a 20 to 30 amp breaker is
in the main box. That would need to be changed if smaller wire was ran
to the outlets and lights from just a junction box. I doubt that you
will find any 120 volt outlets that will be wired with # 10 wire.
Number 12 and most likely # 14 wire would be used in his shed.

I wanted to minimize voltage drop so I used #10 to wire my garage
receptacles.

Same here! When I use #10 for branch circuits I use back wire
receptacles and larger j-boxes.