Posted to alt.home.repair
Snuffy \Hub Cap\ McKinney Snuffy \Hub Cap\ McKinney is offline

Default Mildew on clothes

"ItsJoanNotJoann" wrote in message ...
On Thursday, July 21, 2016 at 2:15:20 PM UTC-5, Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney wrote:

Smell on cotton towels and socks still coming back again.

Did we discuss if your washing machine is a front loader?
If it is, do you leave the door open once you have removed
the wet clothes to the dryer? If not, you may want to start
doing that to enable the door, its seals, and interior drum
to dry out.

Yes, I always leave the top open. It's a top loader, so-called high efficiency, supersonic spin. GE WHRE5550K1WW. No agitator or lint filter. Top of large loads never get wet. Lint left on the clothes which stops up the drain and loads up the dryer filter. A real first class boat anchor.

Now it's coming back to me.... I had to put a tee in the standpipe because it pumps water out much too high flow for the drain pipe, a standard size when the house was built in the 60s, but smaller than pipe size of new houses.

I'm counting the days until something brakes and then it's going out on the curb with a sign "Free - and don't bring it back."