Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default OT Shoulder belt doesn't retract

On 7/21/2016 6:01 PM, Micky wrote:
I have a Toyota front shoulder belt that won't come out any farther
and makes no effort to retract. Even with tugging, of course.

What are the odds that something's stuck or that something repairable
is broken and I can fix it, versus that it's shot?

If it's shot, it seems I'd be more likely to get one that fits just
right and whose color matches just right if I guy one from a junkyard,
similar car, than a new aftermarket one. What do you think?

Have you checked whether the belt is just folded over inside the retractor?