Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

Default Bosch AKE 40 chainsaw question - is the -19 version worth theextra cost?

Wrote in message:
On 18/07/2016 17:25, jim wrote:
Wrote in message:
I was about to buy a Bosch AKE 40-19S chainsaw from SFix when I saw that
Homebase have a cheaper Bosch AKE 40S. The obvious differences are a
slightly higher motor power and chain speed on the -19 but I'm tempted
to go for the cheaper one if that's all. Has anyone here any experience
of either?

The higher priced one has toolless assembly & tensioning, the
cheaper is more traditional nuts & spanners.

I've had both and I wouldn't pay 50 quid odd more for it :-)

I'd be surprised if the extra 200w would make a lot of difference
in normal usage for an electric chainsaw.

It looks like the design has changed because they both now have
tool-less assembly and tensioning. I went for the cheaper one - time
will tell.

Ah yes, looking now at the Homebase website it does indeed look
like a toolless one :-)

(I goggled for it before and just looked at the pics goggle found)

--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/