Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JC[_6_] JC[_6_] is offline

Default Wow & Flutter Meters

On 7/18/2016 12:10 AM, Black Iccy wrote:
On Sun, 17 Jul 2016 19:27:04 -0400, JC wrote:

Any of you audio guys have digital waveforms/ test cd's handy you can
share? Help!
TIA

Phil just clarified your requirements.
You can generate a waveform tone via Adobe Audition
(Ver 3 or earlier) assuming you can find a copy (Win).
Save as Wav or whatever.

Base Mod by Mod freq (rate)
3Khz +/- 'x'Hz @ rate 'y'
3000 30 4

Thanks to you and Phil for the info, proved to be very useful and Adobe
Audition seems to be the way to go.

Couple of problems arose.

I need 3 test signals:

JIS (3KHz) 1% @ 4Hz
CCIR (3KHz) 1% @ 4Hz (Same as JIS? Am I missing something here?)
DIN (3.15KHz) 1% @ 4Hz

These should, according to the limited service info I have, produce a 1%
reading on the meter for each relevant setting (JIS, CCIR,DIN)

JIS was giving me 0.5% so I read up on the Adobe Audition settings and I
guess i needed mod by 60 hz, (+/-30Hz). That gave me 1% display with JIS
but then doubles up on the CCIR/DIN giving 2%

JIS is supposedly an effective mean reading, CCIR/DIN are Peak, but I'm
not making sense of these readings, any ideas?

Amplitude of the input signal has no effect as long as its large enough
to register.

TIA.