Posted to alt.home.repair
Rusty Boldt Rusty Boldt is offline

Default breaker box install question

On 07/20/2016 06:02 PM, wrote:
a while back I removed a backyard pond. I connected the old wiring from
pond to my shed. Three 10 ga wires - black, white and green. I picked up
a 30 amp breaker box from Menards and it has room for two 15 amp circuit
breakers. I am not an electrition but I am just putting in a couple of
lights, two outlets and one switch which I know how to do. The ground
connection is obvious but I am not sure about black and white wires to the
breaker box.... The circuit breakers have a place to connect a wire at the
bottom. The top end the circuit breaker connects to a terminal (not sure
that is right name) to which another wire will be connected. The black wire
is hot and the white is neutral. Which wire goes where?

Since you said shed and not workshop, can we assume you only want a
receptacle/outlet and a 15 watt LED bulb?