Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] nospam@thanks.com is offline

Default Bosch AKE 40 chainsaw question - is the -19 version worth theextra cost?

On 19/07/2016 15:40, David wrote:
On Mon, 18 Jul 2016 14:32:19 +0100, nospam wrote:

I was about to buy a Bosch AKE 40-19S chainsaw from SFix when I saw that
Homebase have a cheaper Bosch AKE 40S. The obvious differences are a
slightly higher motor power and chain speed on the -19 but I'm tempted
to go for the cheaper one if that's all. Has anyone here any experience
of either?

I have the Bosch AKE 40-185.

1800W 40 cms.

Does me very well for my limited use. Do buy a chain sharpener as well
because a sharp chain makes an enormous difference to the ease of cutting.

Previously I had a B&D where you had to take a side panel off and undo a
nut with a spanner and use a screwdriver to tension the chain. Pain in the
bum.

This one has a big wheel on the side, with one part being the locking
mechanism and the other being the adjuster. Much easier.

Cheers

Dave R

I've always used a standard chainsaw file to sharpen chainsaws, but it's
not a job I enjoy doing so would be interested to hear of any gizzmos
that would make it faster ... ?