Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Cell phone question

Wrong. The case is completely sealed and polished.
The Epoxy or other seals the glass to the base.

These are HTC. My 3rd G4. 2 and 3rd are sealed. Only has two
plug in slots on the side for sticks. One of which is needed to work
correctly. Nominal storage locally on the phone.

I wanted to take it to the shop and take a 4 pounder to it but the urge
with a bad Li in it - stopped me.

My first Generation HTC G4 could be taken apart. The next two can't.

On 7/15/2016 7:40 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 15 Jul 2016 19:09:10 -0500, Martin Eastburn
wrote:

Have you a new phone yet ? I just trashed my second G4 phone and have
a third. Get a new battery - battery was getting so hot it was hard to
hold the phone in your hand... Li battery dies at 65% charge level.
Short...

Can't change batteries. Phone is sealed so you can't change squat but
the card in the side. Stays on or turns on when commanded...

Any of those phones can be opened and the batteries replaced. Just not
as simple as sliding off a cover or removing a few screws

No screws. No screws. No cut/crease/dimpple or crap that might allow
it. The back is a solid C shell that glues on to the front glass/key.
Nothing allows it to come apart. AT&T agreed and I kept the phone.

Ever see the shows on TV where they strip the phone and smash it ? Now
it is good luck with the composite body around tempered glass. One has
to smash it. No battery out for 2 hours...

No hiding, no calling friends to meet you at the bridge to prevent the
Red coats from crossing.

They already support anarchy in the streets and approve of it -
Now for Marshall law and house to house.

The voice audio on telephones and now cell phones is based on a paper
done in the 20's or 30's. It was for copper stranded telephone lines
that looked like a drying room for pasta. Now with Movie and Music
audio streaming, and they truncate the upper and lower frequencies for
voice many of us can't use the harmonics or hear many voices. Women
voices are often pushing the top end and men with tobacco in the jaw
push the bottom end - making voice chopped and trashed.

The cell phone hits a tower and goes VOIP until it comes out the other
end to another tower. Rarely does it tower to tower or same tower
unless in a small area and with limited cells.

Martin

On 7/15/2016 12:53 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Fri, 15 Jul 2016 13:17:48 -0400, BPVeW???????? ? ?????????fZSSO
wrote:

Ed Huntress wrote on 7/15/2016 12:24 PM:
On Fri, 15 Jul 2016 10:54:13 -0500, Tim Wescott
wrote:

On Fri, 15 Jul 2016 11:40:47 -0400, Ed Huntress wrote:

Here's one for the digital experts: I do a lot of interviews in which
the other party is on a cell phone, and I think I've noticed a
difference over time in how they work.

If the call is conducted at a busy time of day, and there are clear
signs of bandwidth becoming limited, it used to be that there would be a
corresponding number of dropouts in the conversation. Lately (and I call
mostly the Chicago and Los Angeles areas) I've detected something
different: it sounds like they're just reducing the audio bitrate. It
starts to sound like it's coming from a cheap microphone.

Does anyone know?

I don't, but cruddy audio + dropouts is worse than just cruddy audio, so
there'd certainly be pressure on the equipment manufacturers to make the
change.

Yeah, well, the cruddy audio is something I've just noticed over the
past year. The dropouts have been going on for years.

Chicago, particularly, seems to have bandwidth problems on both
landlines and cell systems. I try to time my calls for early morning.
If I do, the audio is perfectly clear.

It's gotten to be a problem for my transcribing service. Not knowing
our jargon, they have a really hard time with it when it gets muddy.

In the beginning cellphones were all analogue. The sound quality can
vary due to distance between the cellphone and the cellphone tower.

Today cellphones have almost all gone digital. You cannot buy an
analogue cellphone anymore and even if you still have an analogue
cellphone you might not be able to find a service provide which still
runs the old analogue cellphone systems.

Digital cellphone system is almost like digital TV. You either get it
100% or you don't get it at all, because the signals are all in ones and
zeros.

The difference in sound quality is most likely due use of "Voice over
IP" (people dialing you using Skype or other WiFi connection Apps to
avoid airtime charges), or use of low quality Bluetooth headset when
talking to you (most cellphones have built-in Bluetooth technology).

I found this the other day..here is a perfect time to post it...

http://allnewspipeline.com/SOP_303_G...ecret_Plan.php

---