Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Cutting the cord

On Wed, 20 Jul 2016 10:45:34 -0700 (PDT), rangerssuck
wrote:

On Tuesday, July 19, 2016 at 7:35:39 AM UTC-4, Ed Huntress wrote:
Fab Shop magazine just published an article on the state of the art in
cordless tools:

http://magazine.fsmdirect.com/2016/july/d/#page7

RCM members should find it interesting. (How about a 2,500-Watt,
battery-powered, 9-inch angle-head grinder?)

At the end of it, there's a mention of "John Doe's" DeWalt-powered
bicycle, and a photo of it.

--
Ed Huntress

I'm currently using Porter-Cable 20V Lithium tools, and they're great. way more powerful than the 18V Bosch tools they replaced. I had occasion to use some 18V Makita Brushless tools last week, and I was impressed.

I have a couple of the old Makita 9.6 volt drills with the nicad
batteries. I also have a set of a drill and impact driver made by
Makita that is the newer lithium battery powerd style. Half the weight
and at least as much power. Faster charging too. Way faster. I wanna
get a new set because I know how much better they will be.
Eric