Posted to uk.d-i-y
TimW TimW is offline

Default Corbyn's poll ratings soar.

On 20/07/16 13:23, Timothy Murphy wrote:
pamela wrote:

I remember this pearl from Reagan:

"My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that
I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever.
We begin bombing in five minutes."

Reagan (not my favourite president) said this as a joke off-air
when testing the sound system.
It was never broadcast.

It's slightly dishonest to give it as a Reagan quote.

I don't think anyone is stupid enough to not know that it was meant to
be a joke, so dishonest of you maybe to say that it somehow doesn't
count as something he said.

The point is it was an astonishingly crass joke to make during the cold
war. An incredibly poor joke to make at any time, like 'kill a few
million people - Ha Ha! that would be funny!' ffs.

Tim w