Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default New Home Door Locks

On Monday, July 18, 2016 at 12:19:24 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sun, 17 Jul 2016 22:28:35 -0400, wrote:

In my opinion, there are certain things that should NOT be electric.
Locks are at the top of the list!

They are not mains powered. They are battery operated, and they have
a very irritating low battery warning

Ok, I guess that's a little better. But where are the batteries (indoors
or outdoors). I'll assume they are indoors. So what happens if a battery
dies? how do you get in to change the battery? I know you mentioned the
low batt alarm, but what if that alarm sounds while you're in vacation,
and by the time you get home the batt is dead? Or what if the alarm goes
off during the night and you dont have any spare batts on hand. Do you
have to go to a 24 hour Walmart at 4am?

I still dont think I like that design.

you use your standard key to get in, just as you would if you didnt have the toucpad lock.