Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] mail4ronald17@gmail.com is offline

Default Sony CRT TV not switching on

On Saturday, July 16, 2016 at 4:55:43 PM UTC+5:30, Bruce Esquibel wrote:

I hope that nothing has happened to the picture tube as it is not
replaceable. But If the fault does exist in some component of the picture
tube then is that component replaceable / repairable or not?

The picture tube in that thing is not the only part that isn't made anymore.

Yes, you are correct. Its very sad thought.

I'd guess at this point (10-12 years old) that everything in the parts list
for it are marked NLA.
Why Sony has done this? Is this to force customers to move to LCD TVs?

-Ronald