Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Doubled up 9.5mm PB vs 12.5mm PB

On 18/07/16 14:51, Robin wrote:
On 18/07/2016 13:22, Tim Watts wrote:
This is plasterboard ---

Is there any downside to using 2 sheets of 9.5mm on studwork walls (will
be skimmed) vs 1 sheet of 12.5mm?

I have relatively little wall to cover compared to ceilings and it would
simplify ordering and storing to work with one type.

And I could overlap all joints in the 1st sheet which seems like a bonus.

Just wondered if there were any major downsides?

GripIts only work on 9.5-15 mm plasterboard? I know that's almost
certainly not major but if you were planning to use dozens of them and
only found out later ...

That's a valid point...

Do you mean the new type:

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/products/8697826/

Because the old (collarless) type should not be a problem as they'd just
push back a little further.

As everything's on 3x2" battens at 450mm centres, the aim is to be able
to fix through to the wood - but there may be exceptions.

I'll have to have a think about that...