Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dishwashered mixer parts - now discoloured

On 18/07/16 12:57, GB wrote:
We have a very old Kenwood mixer, with aluminium beaters. We
unfortunately put them in the dishwasher, and they are now covered in a
soft black deposit. What's the best way to get that off and if possible
restore the finish?

AlO2?
possibly strong caustic, better an acid of some sort...
vinegar/lemon juice rhubarb or maybe a de-scaler?