Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default New Home Door Locks

On 7/17/2016 3:29 PM, Dave C wrote:
My wife/ I just purchased a" new" (previously owned) house. The
sellers provided us with two copies, of their door entry keys. Indeed,
the sellers seem to be most reputable.

With an unknown, whom else might still have a key copy of our
entrance doors, what do other home buyers recommend - upon initial
possesion? I am curious if a locksmith might offer a Low cost option -
to merely re-key our three door dead locks (leaving the current handle
locks unchanged)?

Suggestiuons - dave

You just made the biggest purchase of your life. Protect it. Unless
you know the quality of the locks, call a pro. You can have them
re-keyed but the locksmith will also point out any defects in how they
were installed and recommend changes if needed. Maybe $200 to protect
$300,000 is not a bad deal.