Default Pioneer VSX-D409 Receiver - Shuts off by itself

I have an update:

Against all good judgement, I started the receiver, over and over
again, looking for the source of the seemingly over-current
protection.

Now F701 and C705 are blown. Really blown. Infact, I am pretty sure
that I will not be able to smell anything except burnt capacitor for a
couple days.

Someone has GOTTA have a better idea than this?

Thanks!

) wrote in message . com...
Hi everyone,

I am a newbie at repair, although I have a background in basic
electronics. I am working with a Pioneer VSX-D409 receiver that
doesn't seem to want to stay on. When it is on for any length of time
- even seconds, there is a click, and it shuts itself off.

1. There is no visible sign of component damage (burnt resistors, I
believe there are two fuses, good continuity, no blown up caps etc).
Board is clean.

2. The voltages comming to the transformer from the AC outlet appear
good, as do the ones leaving it.

I am not really sure where to start with this! If anyone has any
ideas, they would be much appreciated!

Thanks,