Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Trident renewal

tim... wrote
alan_m wrote
bm wrote

Let's hope that Jeremy Stupid can't get the renewal quoshed. If someone
has a big stick, we need the biggest.
Unilateral disarmament? Yea, right.

But is trident replacement the best value for money and is it what is
needed in these times.

It is if you want to enter the World's willy waving contest

Nope, it's always been completely irrelevant to that.

We spend billions on providing a method of deploying a weapon and
isis/daesh will use the DIY method of putting theirs in the back of a
truck and driving it to London.

Spend the money in the areas of defence where it is needed most.

Agreed

I don’t. The last thing Britain needs is what can be used
in another Kosovo, Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria etc that it
should never have been involved in in the first place.