Posted to alt.home.repair
amdx[_3_] amdx[_3_] is offline

Default Freezer question

On 7/15/2016 7:59 AM, wrote:
On Thursday, July 14, 2016 at 1:04:58 PM UTC-4, Doug Miller wrote:

"Behind the light assembly"?? Are you trying to do this *inside* the freezer? The "back
plate" is on the *back* of the unit, i.e. on the outside.

Well that explains why it wasn't easy to take that plate off. I wonder what that inside plate reveals?

I can't easily get at the back of this fridge. It is recessed in an enclosure in our kitchen. I would have to roll it out. Then there is the hoses attached for the ice machine and water.

I wonder how one repairman deals with this. I think I remember two guys moving that fridge when it was installed. I guess it's on wheels but it's still pretty big and heave and there is no way to get at the sides because it is sitting tightly in this enclosure.

It seems to be behaving better. Last night it didn't get very warm. I will have to look at the fridge side and see if anything is blocked off.

Thanks for all the help on this one.

Steve

I had a problem with my side by side, when I removed the back plate on
the inside of the freezer, I found the evaporator coils covered in ice.
The heater for the defrost cycle was open. I order a new one from
Ebay, installed it and it worked fine. I had to melt all the ice to get
to a point were I could troubleshoot it.

Mikek