Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 1-14 thread

On Fri, 15 Jul 2016 21:35:37 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Fri, 15 Jul 2016 09:16:34 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sun, 03 Apr 2016 04:14:49 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

I need to mount a GPS antenna. It has a 1-14 internal thread. 3/4"
electrical fittings are similar, but they are .050" over 1". I need to
thread something to fit. Can you thread the O.D. of 3/4" PVC pipe, or
will the threads be too rough when you finish? I don't want to pay $11
for a piece of PVC with the thread that is made to mount one on a light
bar.

Mount:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281906635962

Antenna:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/111734469938

I may have some 3/4" aluminum conduit left, but I don't have a 1-14
die.

Invest $14 in a die on eBay, make 20 of the things, sell them for $9
each on eBay, and you'll come out ahead AND have the die for the
future? http://tinyurl.com/haso2dv

I did buy a die on Ebay, and rethreaded one end of a 3" piece of
3/4" pipe made for a sprinkler head. I didn't have a die handle big
enough to hold it, so it was fun holding the pipe in one hand, and the
die in the other to re-cut the threads.

AFTER I had it cut, I finally found a place to buy a handle.

snort Hand-threading pipe. I hope it was CPVC.

It was a 3" piece of plastic, with no markings.

CPVC is gray. PVC is white. ABS is black.

Windows Security Essentials (free from MS) seems to keep me free from
virii.

That computer has XP, and MS-SE is no longer supported. The program
is 32 bit, and Win 7 is supposed to run 32 bit programs, but it refuses
to install on any win 7 system that I've tried it on.

I'm running it on Win7Pro 32bit. shrug
I miss XP.

--
The ultimate result of shielding men from folly
is to fill the world with fools.