Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Sort of OT 3G wireless

Well what does the package with the sim say?
Normally from my experience you need a for example gigabag from giff-gaff.
I would point out though that its bloody expensive if used on windows as
updates and stuff eat up your allowance in a few minutes if you are not very
careful.
I always unplug ours and leave it charging on a usb supply when not being
used on line, then plug it on and make sure everything capabale of a
download is turned off first.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"soup" wrote in message
On 15/07/2016 17:14, Bob Minchin wrote:

Have you registered with an operator

Didn't think I had to with PAYG

and got a sim in the dongle?

Yup and it's the right way in (one of the first things I checked)

Have you tried a smartphone on the same network to see it it can get a
3G signal?

I am a bear of little brain how would I go about that?

I thought a cell phone signal was different to a 3G

Can I swap signals on a smartphone (son has an iPhone perhaps I will
get him to use that).

I am pretty much OK with Window things but I know two things about Mac
Nowt and bugger all