Posted to uk.d-i-y
MuddyMike MuddyMike is offline

Default The Jet Engine

On 15/07/2016 01:22, RayL12 wrote:
On 12/07/2016 1:55 PM, wrote:
On 12 Jul 2016 10:21:42 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 10:51:25 +0100, soup wrote:

On 11/07/2016 15:08, RayL12 wrote:
I was astounded when I was told that Bloodhound(?) used a Formula 1
engine to deliver the fuel.

At first I thought you meant :-

http://www.airforce.gov.au/raafmuseu...ternal/images/
Bloodhound-on-launcher---ol.jpg

I built an Airfix model of that once

I had a Corgi toy version,
http://www.talkmodeltoys.com/discus/...tml?1228738787

Remember being annoyed it did not actually fire off the launcher or do
anything other than sit there, at least the various Britains guns
actually fired something and could be used to annoy the cat.
I had two versions of the heavy howitzer, the inherited one fired a
spring launched lead shell, the later model had a light weight plastic
one which wasn't as much fun.

G.Harman

I loved putting Airfix together. Never any good at it. Air rifle
practice not long after modelling :-)

And for missiles, I loved my fort, plastic soldiers and, a little metal
cannons that fired matchsticks.

When he was younger I gave my son a radio controlled tank.
Whilst at university studying cybernetics he modified it adding a WiFi
camera and the ability to remotely fire plastic BB pellets. It gained
him a good report.

Mike