Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Brexit - Screjoin

Brian Gaff wrote

I also hear on the Irish radio on long wave that they are discussing
about getting funding from the eu for more border controls between n and s
Eire. The problem is that there are legal agreements on the power sharing
agreed in the Good Friday Agreement which makes it almost impossible to
legally build border controls again. So what now.

Makes sense for Northern Ireland and Scotland to
stay in the EU as Britain leaves. Then there would
be no need for border controls between NI and Eire.

Its a bloody mess.

There always will be some messes with a change as big as this.

"Dave W" wrote in message
I saw Nicola Sturgeon hinting to Alastair Stewart about the possibility of
another Scottish Referendum to leave Britain, to allow Scotland to rejoin
the EU.

If all that were to happen, a Great Wall of England would have to be
built at vast expense, to prevent EU migrants who had free-flowed into
Scotland sneaking into England. Luckily it's very difficult to get to
Scotland from Europe directly by boat.
--
Dave W