Posted to rec.woodworking
Bob Villa Bob Villa is offline

Default (slightly OT) glueing wood to glass

On Thursday, July 14, 2016 at 7:22:23 PM UTC-5, sawdustmaker wrote:
wrote in :

On Wed, 13 Jul 2016 20:01:44 +0000 (UTC), Eli the Bearded
wrote:

In rec.woodworking, Bob Villa wrote:
On Tuesday, July 12, 2016 at 9:24:16 PM UTC-5, sawdustmaker wrote:
SWMBO wants a wood frame around the mirror in the bathroom (hints
-- humid & moist). My first thoughts are contact cement,
construction adhesive (liquid nails), or maybe some type of super
glue. What kind of adhesive would y'all recommend?
100% Silicone caulk would be my choice.

I used aquarium tank silicone glue for a similar purpose years ago and
never had issues with it. (I was gluing wood trim to the outside of an
aquarium tank.)

Isn't that the same thing (100% silicone caulk)? The stuff with
acetic acid is better but I don't know if it's available anymore. I'm
allergic to it so haven't looked *for* it. ;-)

Not too pretty from the inside, but if you can't see that it's not a
big deal.

Elijah
------
only used the tank for a couple of years

Thanks for all the ideas. Super glue seems to have worked (so far )

Glad it works...it would not even enter my consideration for wood! *J*