Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Amanda Riphnykhazova Amanda Riphnykhazova is offline

Default replacing 12v halogens with LEDs?

Thanks for that

This was the sort of reason I wanted to change over the bulbs to LED. It should stress the wires and transformers less.

I know the chinese are mass producing m/billions of these mini-circuits for use in the bulbs. I just dont know what they do yet (or which no-name bulbs utilise which circuits): Do they make the bulbs more receptive to DC or rectify the current in some way to compensate for the lower draw?

But it is becoming exceptionally annoying changing these bulbs/transformers all the time. I currently have seven transformers in the strip and 3 are burned ouT! I suppose I would do anything at this point to change them!