Posted to alt.home.repair
tony944 tony944 is offline

Default Freezer question

wrote in message

I posted recently about our freezer having problems staying cold.

We have a side by side GE Profile Model PSHS6RGXCDSS

I don't really have a bench mark to compare its current functioning to
because in the past I never paid attention to the temperature because it was
working fine. But since I had some problems with the freezer getting too
warm I have been watching it very closely now.

Here is what I am seeing.

If I set the temperature settings very cold (-6F and 34F) for the freezer
and fridge it will get there eventually. Yesterday we were out all day and
when I got home around 5 p.m. it was at that temperature.

But then after the doors have been opened it starts to rise and then
continues to rise. It got up to 6F and 41F last night when I went to bed.
The 41F for the fridge concerns me because from what I read bacteria can
start to be a problem when it gets above 41F.

Then at night it gets down to the temperature I set for it. But it takes a
long time. When I woke at 3:30 a.m. I took a look at it and it was at 4F
and 37F. The when I woke for the day at 6:30 a.m. it was at -2 and 34
which is the temperature I had set for it.

Should it take this long to get back down to the set temperature?

The room is cool and is air conditioned.

Everything in the freezer is still nice and frozen and the ice cubes are
fine. The ice pops still seem a little mushy to me.

I'm just curious about the length of time it is taking to get cold again.
It seems to be having a hard time.

Thanks for any feedback.

Apparently you did cleaned you must check your defrost is working,
Fan is circulating and mechanical device that some refrigerator use to
Pickup cold air from freezer to inject into refrigerator portion.
Defrost "Important" make sure that it does defrost otherwise it may
Stop working all together.