Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Briggs "powerbuilt" engine problem

On Thu, 14 Jul 2016 07:07:03 -0400, ABLE1 wrote:

On 7/13/2016 10:55 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 13 Jul 2016 18:58:27 -0700, MOP CAP wrote:

This is just another example of the fast buck boys buying fine old
companies and just relying on the name. Think Stanley etc.
CP

Same thing with the BOLENS name. Used to be top notch, heavy duty
equipment. Now it's "bottom drawer" MTD crap.

So if Briggs, Bolens, MTD, Tecumseh, (may have missed one) are all crap.
What is left that is good??

Kohler? Subaru (robin)?

My old Tecumseh was smoking for the first 5 minutes yesterday when I
started it to mow the lawn. It usually just had a puff and was clear
from then on. I checked the oil and it was a quart down. Today, it
started and sent up a large cloud, but cleared up pretty quickly, but
it's still smoking a small amount after running for a minute. Damned
if it doesn't seem like an overhaul is in order soon. sigh I think
the old Murray mower is about 20 years old now. I got it in trade for
some work, and was surprised that it matched the gold of my Tundra.
Color coordinated mower and truck. Wheee!

--
The ultimate result of shielding men from folly
is to fill the world with fools.