Michael Black

Default replacing IDE DVD drive in APEX player

"James Sweet" ) writes:
"luminos" wrote in message
Your time is far less valuable than mine then, buddy.

Figure 10 minutes to repair it, maybe 20 if I take my time, few repairs are
simpler than that. If your time is worth more than $30 for 20 minutes then I
don't understand why you're in this group in the first place.

Oh wait, this is crossposted, but those of us on the electronics repair
group fix things not only for profit but because it's fun.

And context is an important factor.

Nobody would think of tossing out a recent computer, merely because
their DVD drive stopped working. They would replace the drive.

In this particular case, we see the equivalent. If the drive can
just be swapped, one might as well.

Michael