Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Could this be power supply related?

I have a computer with a funky power supply. It won't turn on until
something in it is warm enough. I have ordered another but a new
problem has cropped up in this computer. The monitor said there was no
signal even though it was connected to the computer. Thinking it might
be dirty contacts I removed the video card and the monitor cable,
cleaned the contacts, and plugged everything back in. No joy. I
unplugged the computer and let it sit about an hour. Plugged it back
in, tried turning it on but had to wait a few minutes for the power
supply to start fully functioning and when it did the computer worked
properly and the monitor had a picture. I left the computer on for
several days and everything worked fine until this morning when once
again the monitor reported no signal and once again no picture. So I
removed power from the computer and removed the video card. I put the
card in the fridge for abou 1/2 hour. Then I put the card back in the
computer, plugged the computer back in, waited the few minutes again,
and now it all works fine again. So, should I start shopping for a
video card too? Could the flaky power supply be affecting the video
card too?
Eric