Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller[_4_] Doug Miller[_4_] is offline

Default Freezer question

" wrote in
:

On Thursday, July 14, 2016 at 9:20:29 AM UTC-4, trader_4 wrote:
Despite giving us some times and temps, what's missing is how
long the doors are open and then how long it takes to get back
to the set temp. I'd say if you open the fridge door for 10
secs to get something, the fridge should be back to it's set
temp in a hour or two. It's also going to depend a lot on the
thermal mass in the fridge and freezer. If they are empty,
opening the door will result in a bigger temp rise and take
longer to recover than if it's full.

It sounds like your fridge may be struggling. Coils clean?
Any air path/fans inside clear and working?

I tried taking off the back plate which is on the freezer side.
I took off four bolts but then got stuck because the plate is
behind the light assembly and it was not obvious to me how to
get that plate off.

"Behind the light assembly"?? Are you trying to do this *inside* the freezer? The "back
plate" is on the *back* of the unit, i.e. on the outside.