Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Large Garden Window over Small Bathroom Window

On Thu, 14 Jul 2016 12:46:53 -0400, FrozenNorth

On 2016-07-14 12:17 PM, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 14 Jul 2016 11:58:52 -0400, FrozenNorth
wrote:

Your install may have been no different vs. a standard window, but that wouldn't be the case
in Snuffy's situation. He is planning on using a garden window that is bigger than the
existing window. i.e. it will mounted (somehow) to the exterior wall, not mounted in the
window's RO.

You are right, I missed the over an existing window part, ours was made
to fit the existing RO.

Snuffy could enlarge the RO and mount the garden window securely. I'd
not mount it outside on the wall and expect it to not leak and move.

...just sayin'

Yep, it is heavy, when the guy came to measure all the windows in our
house for replacement, he mentioned a garden window at that location, I
had never heard of such a beast before, then I saw my wife's eyes widen
and knew we were getting one. If ya'know what I mean. :-)

I worked on one job, the garden unit would not fit the RO for what
ever reason or miscalculation on a custom one.

Boss decided to modify the RO - it worked. (think we took out jack
studs on each side - long ago)

Best than sending the window back and temporarily close the hole until
a new window arrived.