Posted to alt.home.repair
FrozenNorth[_9_] FrozenNorth[_9_] is offline

Default Freezer question

On 2016-07-14 10:09 AM, wrote:
On Thursday, July 14, 2016 at 9:20:29 AM UTC-4, trader_4 wrote:
Despite giving us some times and temps, what's missing is how long
the doors are open and then how long it takes to get back to the
set temp. I'd say if you open the fridge door for 10 secs to get
something, the fridge should be back to it's set temp in a hour or
two. It's also going to depend a lot on the thermal mass in the
fridge and freezer. If they are empty, opening the door will result
in a bigger temp rise and take longer to recover than if it's full.

It sounds like your fridge may be struggling. Coils clean? Any
air path/fans inside clear and working?

I tried taking off the back plate which is on the freezer side. I took off four bolts but then got stuck because the plate is behind the light assembly and it was not obvious to me how to get that plate off.

Our freezer section in the fridge is usually very full, now and then
stuff gets pushed to the back of the freezer section so far that the
vents get blocked. When that happens, the fridge runs forever, and does
not seem to do anything and stuff warms up, make sure those vents are
not blocked.

--
Froz....