Michael Black

Default replacing IDE DVD drive in APEX player

"James Sweet" ) writes:
"luminos" wrote in message
I do not understand why one would do this since you can find these for

$50.

And you can fix one for $20, what's your point? Last I checked $20 was less
than $50, and it keeps the unit out of a landfill. If I had a steady supply
of free broken ones I could easily make a living fixing and selling them.

And maybe the replacement drive will be a better choice than the original?

Certainly, the fact that some of these DVD players use standard DVD drives
is wonderful. Mechanical things are far more likely to go first, and
here is a means of fixing it easy. I can't imagine being able to find
parts for the existing drive for so little, at least not easily.

Michael