Posted to alt.home.repair
Wade Garrett Wade Garrett is offline

Default Ripoff tire company

On 7/13/16 7:18 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 7/13/2016 5:23 PM, Meanie wrote:

Many many moons ago I worked for a muffler brake shock shop which I
will
withhold the name. This brake shop offered the "free" brake replacement
when the original work was done by the franchise. Whenever a customer
returned for brake replacements, we would inspect to confirm normal
wear
and tear then advise accordingly. My manager told me I had to tell
customers they needed calipers or rotors or other misc parts, which was
causing the brake wear, in order to continue honoring the "free"
warranty. This also partook with other pats such as mufflers. A few of
the other guys were also trained for this practice. Needless to say, I
found other employment as soon as I could. I despise crooked people and
businesses.

Midas used to do this to me many years ago. Are they still in business?

We have a winner.

There are still several in my area, though this wasn't the area where it
partook. Regardless, I never recommended them to anyone.

I don't trust any of the chain tire/repair/oil change operations. I'm
sure some are honest and do first class work, but many are looking for
the fast and easy buck. I've heard too many complaints over the years.
Best to find a good local shop.

Yeah, many years ago I took my wife's Pontiac into the local Goodyear
shop because the air conditioner wasn't blowing cold. They told me
several components in the AC system were bad and quoted me about $850 to
fix.

I told them I needed to ask my wife if she wanted to fix the car as she
was thinking about selling it.

That evening, I mentioned the situation to a neighbor who was a
shade-tree mechanic. He looked at the car and found a loose coupling on
one of the AC lines which he hand-tightened. I bought a couple of cans
of freon and a recharge adapter for under $20, charged the system, and
it worked just fine for the additional year we kept the car...

--
With all this €śgun control€ť talk, I havent heard one politician say how
they plan to take guns away from criminals and terrorists€” just from law