Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike Duffy[_5_] Mike Duffy[_5_] is offline

Default Large Garden Window over Small Bathroom Window

On Wed, 13 Jul 2016 17:12:23 -0700, Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney wrote:

What do you think about [...] a large garden window outside?

http://i64.tinypic.com/2pq98y9.jpg

I had to look at the picture to see what you meant. I've never in my
life ever seen such a construct, not imagined such a thing.

I cannot see any 'pro'. 'Con's:

- More glass to break, clean, lose heat.
- Glass angled to break due to falling objects. (Hail, branches.)
- In the way of ladder when cleaning gutter, painting, etc.
- In the way if you need to dig close to house. (Bathroom drain.)
- In the way cutting grass, raking leaves, etc.
- Damage to house during install. (Ref: in-wall vent pipe & wires.)
- Damage to house if it works loose.
- Looks ugly from outside.
- Dangerous manouver in slippery tub for view better than current.

--
http://mduffy.x10host.com/index.htm