Stan

Default replacing IDE DVD drive in APEX player

(JURB6006) wrote:

You need a DVD drive that does not require authentication.

http://www.bob-lafleur.net/600advd/

Has some info and a list. Interestingly enough, some of the cheapest ones are
the right ones.

The one that require authentication are like that so you can't copy the files
to your HD and make an exact copy of a DVD to a DVD-RAM. They also make region
hacking harder.

I just checked and the site is still there, check it out, quite informative.

Very informative...thanx for the link. BTW, I see that the SONY DDU1621
drive that I bought is listed in both columns...is there a method
that you know of for hacking/flashing a stock DDU1621 to not require
authentication?

Thanx,

Stan.