Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Baron[_4_] Baron[_4_] is offline

Default replacing 12v halogens with LEDs?

On 13/07/2016 13:49, Amanda Ripanykhazov wrote:
I have been having severe problems with 12v halogen "spot"lights.

My Satco strip seems to blow its individual internal
mini-transformers behind the bulb about every other time the bulb
blows. I also have an Ikea fitting supporting three 12v halogen
bulbs on which the bulbs dont blow as often but the whole
supporting transformer seems to blow every few years.

I replaced all the 50W halogen bulbs in my kitchen and bathroom with
240V GU10 LED bulbs. Rip the transformers out and replace the bulb
holder. I bought my LED lamps from "Pound Stretcher" at £2.45p each,
and the holders came in packs of ten, about £4.00p three years on and
I've yet to replace one. A lot less hassle then having to get the
steps out three or four times a year...

--
Best Regards:
Baron.